What Is Acupuncture?
What Is Acupuncture?
- Acupuncture is a natural healing art that involves the insertion of hair-fine needles to specific points along the body. The stimulation of these points triggers the body’s natural healing properties.
- Acupuncture is very safe and effective in the treatment of existing conditions, in the prevention of new ailments, and in supporting natural well-being.
What can it treat?
- Acupuncture is effective in the treatment of many acute and chronic conditions such as: general pain and discomfort, headaches & migraines, gynecological conditions, various conditions during pregnancy, menopause, men’s health, male & female infertility, boosting energy levels, reducing stress, anxiety, and depression, weight loss, autoimmune disorders, sleeping disorders, digestive system concerns, immune system support and many more.
How does it work?
- The goal of Acupuncture is to stimulate the body’s own natural healing properties by improving the flow of qi in the body’s meridians.
- Qi can be translated as energy and more accurately as air, while meridians are the blood vessels in our body.
- Acupuncture increases the circulation of blood and oxygen, allowing it to flow efficiently to all parts of the body. In doing so, it improves the rejuvenation of cell and tissue within the body. It is also causes a chain reaction of chemicals in the brain that support the body’s ability to heal itself and improve the feeling of well-being.
Who is acupuncture for?
- Acupuncture is for everyone! It is proven to be safe and effective for all people of all ages- from new-born babies to seniors, during pregnancy and while fighting an acute or chronic condition.
- Acupuncture treatments are individualized to match your own health goals whether it is for the treatment of an active condition (chronic or acute), to support a healthy life-style and to prevent illness, or increase energy levels and the feeling of general well-being.
What to expect?
- The first appointment is devoted to assessment beginning with a conversation regarding your health concerns and health goals. My goal is to get to know you and your individual needs. After the assessment is completed an individual treatment plan will be developed.
- The first acupuncture session will include the placing of a few needles in the desired acupuncture points. Once in the body, the needles will remain in place for approximately 20 minutes.
- The treatment is very relaxing and takes place in a stress free environment. Most people report a very calm and pleasant experience during treatment sessions.
Does it hurt?
- Acupuncture DOESN’T hurt!
- The needles used for acupuncture are sterile, single use,and hair fine. The insertion of the needle is done in smooth motion that is often not felt at all.
Do you have more questions?